1/29/12

bloodsport



In case you haven't heard of the Crimson Daggers, they are an online study group dedicated to helping people improve and develop portfolios for the entertainment industry and they and they organize two week challenges called Bloodsports. I've decided to participate in the latest challenge which is to come up with a movie poster design for one of Hayao Miyazaki's films with a more modern and realistic style. For each entry along with the final design you have to include composition sketches and studies that are directly related to your image. I chose NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind mostly because I wanted to draw giant insects, but here's what I got so far. Also I included a few lighting studies.

more info on crimson daggers if your interested http://crimsondaggerblood.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment